Asian Flush Make Up Tips To Reduce Flushing

I have recently been using green tinted makeup to mask my alcohol flushing. It’s actually worth trying if you’re someone who likes to wear makeup. Apparently it has something to do with ‘colour correction’ (that’s makeup lingo), where the green colour works to offset the redness.

images

That’s basically the logic explained in a pretty neat diagram.

Anyone else using this method?

Yeah I’ve heard of this. My girlfriend basically swears by it. The green tint offsets the redness from the Asian flush pretty well. I can definitely tell when she’s wearing her green tinted foundation and when she’s not though. You can see the difference in the skin tone. Perhaps not such a big deal when you’re in a dark night club but definitely something to be aware of during the day time or in well lit spaces. I think she’s onto a green tinted cream now, apparently it is a lot less visible and still works as well.

I saw a decent video about this the other day. I’m from Korea and it is not that uncommon for guys to wear makeup (I know that might sound strange to some!) :slight_smile:

Here’s the vid, I think she does a good job of tailoring makeup advice specifically for people with Asian flush and even references that colour correction wheel somewhere in there too:

Wait… You’re a guy and you wear makeup? Do you also wear short shorts and carry a Chihuahua in your handbag?

Like I said, it’s probably strange for you westerners. No need to be so mucho man about it though, you should give it a try.